After 1 year pause Testing and Automation devroom is coming again to FOSDEM. This room is about building better software through a focus on testing and automation at all layers of the stack. From creating libraries and end-user applications all the way down to packaging, distribution and deployment. Testing and automation is not isolated to a single toolchain, language or platform, there is much to learn and share regardless of background!
Since Testing and Automation devroom has been a regular at FOSDEM, here are some ideas of what we would like to see, and what worked in prior years, they're just ideas though. Check out the 2017, 2018 schedules for inspiration.
Testing in the real, open source world
- War stories/strategies for testing large scale or complex projects
- Demistyfy resource e.g. systems/device/cloud provisioning in a CI loop
- Tools that extend the ability to test low-level code, e.g. bootloaders, init systems, etc.
- Projects that are introducing new/interesting ways of testing "systems"
- Address the automated testing frameworks fragmentation
- Lessons learned from testing
Cool Tools (good candidates for lightning talks)
- How your open source tool made developing quality software better
- What tools do you use to setup your CI/CD
- Combining projects/plugins/tools to build amazing things "Not enough people in the open source community know how to use $X, but here's a tutorial on how to use $X to make your project better."
FOSDEM is hosted at Université libre de Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium.
- CFP Submission Deadline: 23:59 UTC, 10 December 2019
- Schedule Announced: 15 December 2019
- Presentations: 1 February 2020
Please submit one (or more) 30-40 minute talk proposal(s) OR one (or more) 10 minute lightning talk proposal(s) by 23:59 UTC on December 10th 2019. We will notify all those submitting proposals about their acceptance by December 15th 2019.
To submit a talk proposal (you can submit multiple proposals if you'd like)
the FOSDEM paper submission system. Be sure to select
Automation otherwise we won't see it!
You can create an account, or use an existing account if you already have one.
Please note: FOSDEM is a FLOSS community event, by and for the community, please ensure your topic is appropriate (i.e. this isn't the right forum for commercial product presentations)